Graines de lin brunes
Pastry dough for a single-crust pie
2 tablespoons semolina flour
8 tablespoons granulated sugar
5 large red plums (1 1/2 lb), halved, pitted, and each cut lengthwise into 8 wedges
1 tablespoon confectioners sugar
3/4 cup creame frache or sour cream
1 tablespoon Armagnac or Cognac (optional)
Special equipment: parchment paper
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Line a large (17- by 12-inch) baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Roll out dough on a lightly floured surface with a lightly floured rolling pin into a 13-inch round. Transfer to baking sheet.
- Stir together semolina flour and 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and spread evenly over dough, leaving a 1-inch border. Arrange plums, skin sides down, in 1 layer on top of sugar mixture, then sprinkle plums with 3 tablespoons granulated sugar. Fold in edge of dough to cover outer rim of plums, pleating dough as necessary.
- Bake galette, loosely covered with a sheet of foil, 40 minutes. Remove foil and bake until fruit is tender and juices are bubbling, about 5 minutes more.
- Transfer galette on baking sheet to a rack and immediately brush hot juices over plums using a pastry brush. Dust hot galette with confectioners sugar. Cool to warm or room temperature, about 30 minutes.
Please, add this product to Collection to show a similar products within Collection